Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Fall of Student Council

I've spent countless nights drawing out potential strategies on mahjong papers only to find my efforts futile. What was it that i was holding on to, despite knowing that it was inevitable? Of politics and the onsets of seemingly never ending obstacles, I manage to muster a team of unique individuals called the Innovators. 6 months went like a breeze, fought countless battles; opting for a change, a new system. Something people could remember us by. As the days passed like rain in the mountains, so did our team, they left one after another. The very thing that complimented their fall and challenged their belief is now doing the very same to me.

Jun called me earlier today, warning me that we may be focusing on something meaningless; I agreed without a doubt. Yet, I'm still not ready to give up. It may be a waste of time, true. However, giving up now means i have REALLY wasted all the time i've spent on Student Council. I gave up on many things throughout my life, mostly during times when its the hardest and offers no return. If I give up now, it would be the same for me all over again. Its something that I'm willing to fight for, something I'm willing to hold on to. I got to finish what I started.....i have to.

Tomorrow's always a mystery, that's why its worth fighting for. Don't you think so?

No comments:

Post a Comment