Thursday, August 18, 2011

Knights Of The Round Table


Recently, I realized just how I was pondering about many things. Having left the council entirely, I finally got myself some alone time. To think about stuff, do some soul searching and I realized just how scared I was, let alone lonely. Perhaps because my greatest and possibly the only friend I ever truly loved and cherished is leaving to a very faraway place over the other side of the world. 

I still remembered how that boy with short messy hair and all so quiet personality came into my life. We used to take our rides around the neighborhood streets, checking out houses, the big and the small. Telling each other just how we will own one of those in the future. Feeling the wind in our hair, we exchanged talks of our dreams; what we wanted to do with our lives. We would then stop by a nearby playground, sitting on the swings. He would listen attentively to my stories like a little kid. Our laughter, tears and little arguments and the usual wrestling sessions spawned a friendship I never thought mattered so much in my life. 

I can't seem to tell him just how much I am going to miss him and just how much I didn't want him to go. Feelings like these were always hard to speak out; at least for me. As the day for his departure drew ever closer, I felt my fears and sadness grew ever stronger. I never really had friends, or even excel at making them. Yet, he came like it was meant to be.

Remember that night? You were crying alone, standing in the middle of the street. I was there, I took you in my arms and told you I understood. Perhaps now its my turn to cry. Would you hold me in your arms like I did too? Mr. Lee Jun Yang, I really am going to miss you.....

No comments:

Post a Comment